Wednesday, September 25, 2013

You know you've lived in Sebastoppol for a long time...

You know you've lived in Sebastopol a long time when the conversation turns to discussing chakras, and you don't think of this as out of the ordinary.

A friend commented to me, "A lot of your Sebastopol experiences must come from hanging out at Milk and Honey."  Actually, many of the Very Sebastopol encounters I have happen at Whole Foods.  Or in front of Whole Foods.  Or in the Whole Foods parking lot. 
It was an unusually hot afternoon and I had been at a park in Santa Rosa, watching people guzzle Coke and Pepsi like there was no tomorrow.  Now I was sitting in the Sebastopol plaza where most people were drinking coconut water or organic lemonade.  I was sipping my pro-biotic drink.  My friend Sylvie was visiting from the east bay and wanted an iced coffee.  She wondered if it was worth trying the Starbucks at Safeway.  I was assuring her it was not.  But she didn't feel like getting back in her car to drive to the real Starbucks, so we did a short trek to Safeway via the Whole Foods parking lot.  Someone I had taken a massage class with jumped out of his car and rushed over to give me a hug.  "I've been on the computer all day..." he informed us.  "My third chakra is depleted.  This heat is killing me.  I am so drained.  My root chakra is not doing well, either.  I've got to get it together to go to this ecstatic dance thing tonight."  He pointed to his third eye.  "Maybe that will help me feel more aligned..."  We talked for another minute, and he was off to Whole Foods to apparently get some nourishing chakra chow. 
"Wow," Sylvie commented.  "On a scale of one to ten of 'How Sebastopol was that?' - I would say that was a nine."
But being from Sebastopol, I was pretty unfazed by this.




2 comments: