Monday, April 27, 2015

WCOUNTY vibes

I was by the Cookie Company and heard a woman say to her friend, "Let's go get some cookies and sit outside and listen to this wacky guy playing the ukulele.  Oh, look, people are even giving him money.  I love this town!"  I also saw a flier for a room rental, which apologized at the end of it:  "I'm sorry, I know this is Sebastopol.  But I am not a healthy eater, not vegetarian and I have a free pass to a yoga studio I never use."

And while walking by Rite-Aid a few days later with a group of people, one commented while looking at her phone:
"Hey, the Apple Blossom festival is on the new moon."
Person walking with her:  "I don't think that was planned."
Third person.  "Well, you never know around here." 

A singer who recently performed here was swigging cherry bark syrup during her performance. She joked in between songs this was the Sebastopol version of a Red Bull.

Guy standing by my car while I was loading some groceries, talking to his friend on speakerphone:  "What kind of vibrations are you talking about?  Because look where we are. Festival vibes.  California vibes.  Ocean vibes.  West county vibes...  Just saying 'vibes' doesn't help."

I was at Papas and Pollos with my toddler niece.  We went to sit on a bench and there was a small, thick pillow.  "I want to sit on the meditation pillow," she told me.

Several weeks ago I was running late meeting someone so I called to let her know I'd be there shortly.  She was waiting in the plaza, and texted me back:  "Don't worry, I'm fine.  Just sitting here enjoying the sun and a nice contact high."


License plates cont.:
WCOUNTY
NOTICE
WDSTK 2
LI-10 UP




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog











No comments:

Post a Comment