Thursday, December 3, 2015

Hippie chicks and hypocrites

Since Milk and Honey changed ownership I have not frequented the shop as regularly as I used to.  I was looking for a gift last week and after browsing for approximately four minutes I'd overheard a conversation about a customer explaining which vagina candle was the best, how quickly their phallic candles have been selling, and an app for vagina emojis.
Me, laughing:  "This is why I haven't had as much material for my blog in the last few months, because I don't come in here as often!"

My friend and I had dinner at Slice of Life recently and she noticed the kale caesar salad has "massaged" kale in it.  Over in Rohnert Park, she says one doesn't generally see massaged greens in salads one orders.  When the waitstaff asked us about dessert, my friend wanted to know if any of the desserts had been massaged.  (We agreed if the chocolate cake was massaged it should be with lavender oil.) 


Walking through the parking lot of Coaches Corner, my friend and I couldn't help but notice an abundance of west county-esque bumper stickers.  There were the standard issue COEXIST and GODDESS ON THE LOOSE ones.  Additionally I saw a few I hadn't seen before:
VEGAN POWER
SORCERER ON BOARD
IT'S TIME TO AWAKEN =) 
 (the smiley face is part of the bumper sticker. "It's time to awaken" in clouds, with a smiley face -
 a text from the Great Divine)
CHRISTIANITY HAS PAGAN DNA
HIPPIE CHICKS ON BOARD
A car at the Barlow sported a triple-array of bumper stickers:
What would Tara do?  What would Durga do?  What would Kali do?
(And actually, if you know anything about these goddesses, that would be three rather different answers to the same question.)

For Black Friday, Funk N Flash (a downtown store) was offering a "blisscount."

An impassioned diatribe from a Whole Foods shopper:
"I know that eating hot dogs is not a very vegan thing to do!  It makes no sense that I won't touch eggs or yogurt or brie, but I'll eat a hot dog.  I know it's not logical, but my love of hot dogs is not logical."
Person with him:  "And pastrami."
"Okay.... yeah, pastrami, too.  I'm a vegan hypocrite when it comes to pork and good sandwich meat.  What can I say?"



License plates around town:
CA{heart} ZEN
OSTPATH
DEER TRL





 www.facebook.com/sebastoblog/








No comments:

Post a Comment