Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Whole Foods is no exception

I was strolling behind two shoppers who were visiting from Chicago.  Because I have become the Merciless Trolling Blogger I was attempting to listen to their conversation without being too obvious.  It was mostly about restaurants and the weather.  As I was about to walk away one said standing in front of a dozen tarot decks, "What is it with tarot cards?  I've never seen so many kinds of tarot cards.  Are these household items here?"  As they moved away I saw that it wasn't just traditional tarot - there were animal spirit decks, goddess decks, angel cards, a steampunk tarot and a dolphin deck.  (And I wasn't even at Milk and Honey.)

From a friend who used to live in Sonoma County:  "I like your blog about the land of the crystal people."

Whole Foods has been going through a transformation, and I've heard some diverse comments about the changes:
"Have you seen Whole Foods?  I can't believe what they are doing!  It looks like Costco now!"
(It has lost the granola-crunch feel to it, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to compare it to Costco.  Just morphing into a Coddingtown Whole Foods.)
"Has anyone noticed it's all about wine now?"
When the former eating area was cleared out for a few days and empty:  "What is this?  An area where you can do yoga now?"
A cashier told me one woman complained to her, "Everything is too complicated here now.  It was a big comfort to come here and know where everything was.  Now I have to think when I walk in."
"Change is one of the only constants in the universe, and Whole Foods is no exception."

A flier at the Nectary explained they would be closing early on a certain day that week, noting they would be "open for Blissness as usual" the following day.

My friend was visiting from the Minnesota who used to live in Sebastopol.  She commented, "There are some people around here who could use a good dose of midwestern groundedness.  But on the other hand, I do miss good massage therapists.  And it's next to impossible to find a fucking decent yoga class where I live."

Someone suggested I try an anti-anxiety cannabis tincture from one of the dispensaries.  I told her I didn't have a cannabis card.  "You must have a friend that has one!  You live in Sebastopol, just go stand out in front of Whole Foods and ask someone if you can borrow theirs!"


More license plates:
TRYXTER
MAKE DRT
BEEE LUV
BLOO BIU


When you go to park in Sebastopol...
(thanks, Emily)





www.facebook.com/sebastoblog/

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha.....Tarot cards as household items. And you're making me realize the two decks I own do not reflect who I really am ;D

    ReplyDelete