Saturday, March 11, 2017

Sol purpose

Overheard at Many Rivers bookstore:  "From a chakra perspective..."

I was making a meal for someone.  I asked if he could have gluten. 
Yes. 
I asked if he eats dairy. 
Yes. 
Was it okay for me to use almond or coconut milk? 
I got a bit of a strange look.  He nodded.
I asked if he was okay with a natural sweetener. 
I got an even stranger look.  Now he was just staring at me.
Me:  "Okay, I'm sorry.  I've been living in Sebastopol for a while!  I forget not everybody cares about these things!"

Shopping in Sebastopol When You Are Not From Sebastopol (the sequel)
"I don't recognize anything in the drink section!  I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking anything in the drink case here.  I don't even understand what the name of these drinks are!!"

At Community Market: 
"How does it feel to be surrounded by three guys with beards?"
"I support male bonding.  Especially when all the men are bearded."

An acquaintance told me her neighbor had left her job and was musing one morning, "I don't know what my purpose is.  Maybe to invent a new kombucha flavor?"

Me:  "... she is very Sebastopol."
My coworker, laughing:  "I have never heard Sebastopol used as an adjective!  I've used west county as an adjective, as in 'he is too west county for me to go out with'..."

First World Problems
Local complaint:  "I was not ready for the [two hour] spa treatments when the massage therapist knocked on the door.  Next time could they wait one minute longer before knocking?"

Texts of the week:
From my co-worker:  "I think we could test theories about hipster beards at Renegade Coffee in Sebasty."
A text my sister received:  "I'm in Sebastopol hell!!  None of the Ben and Jerry's have dairy in them!!!"


License plates:
💜BACON
SOLCRAFT
SOL RISE
CAFIEND * 



* (good one)






www.facebook.com/sebastoblog/






No comments:

Post a Comment