Monday, July 31, 2017

Your purple Prius just gives you away

"I was fine listening to her talk about the group, until she started telling me how enlightened everyone was.  Then my ears automatically shut down.  I've developed this skill by living here for a while."

A text from a friend:  "I'm in Sebastopol getting ready to have lunch and there is a lady at a table passing out samples of a drink called 'How High.'  She says 'it's coffee with super foods' then I heard her telling someone it has essential oils and antioxidants.  Lol.  Only in Sebastopol."

A woman shopping in downtown told me she and her daughter were driving by Screamin' Mimi's and her daughter commented on a Prius parked on the corner.  The mom absently responded something along the lines of, "You're surprised to see a Prius in Sebastopol?"  
To which her daughter replied, "I said I'd never seen a purple Prius, mom.  I know they're all over the place, they're are as many Priuses as trees in Sebastopol!"

Facebook posts:
The most OVERUSED phrase in west county.  "I feel drawn to..."  Second runner up, "Do you feel drawn to...?"

"Orders from Young Living and doTerra arrived on the same day.  
I am so west county!"

Walking through the plaza after getting out of a restorative yoga workshop.  There are several post-Farmers Market straggler groups.  One is drumming.  One is doing slow movement contact yoga/dance (I don't know if this is a thing, I am not sure what to call it).  And then there is the dreadlocked contingency.  

At the Whole Foods deli counter:  "Be careful, those look like burgers.  But they could be veggie patties masquerading as meat."

Word of the week:
aromafave

Chalk
graffiti in Sebastopol:  DREAM written on the side of the library.  With a crescent moon next to it.


License plates:
GD GREEF
FESTVAL
B BZZN
1DR N AW (this one took me a moment)







Shout out to Jaiyen Spa (right next to Honey Moon).  Wonderful Thai massage and reflexology. 
http://www.jaiyenspa.com/






www.facebook.com/sebastoblog/








No comments:

Post a Comment