Sunday, December 3, 2017

Rebbl with a cause

At a pot luck dinner:  "Paleo/vegan/wheat-free diets!  I can't keep track of all of them!"

"I accidentally ended up at the tree lighting ceremony.  But I was really trying to go to yoga."

"I don't know how I managed to pull this off... but I'm dressed like a conservative hippie."

A Facebook lamentation about being outside of Sonoma County on a trip: 
"I miss my lemon-scented candles.  I miss organic salads.  And tasty produce and non-chemical soap and talking to people about good enzymes.  I know I sound like a Whole Foods commercial right now."

I was complaining to a friend over dinner about a waiter at a local restaurant.  She replied, "Was he the Sebastopol type who stares at you blankly and doesn't really listen or take your order, and then goes off and doesn't come back for a long time?"

On a trail I was behind two women discussing local dancing.  One was explaining the difference between ecstatic dance, Sweat Your Prayers and Soul Motion.  And the different ecstatic dance tribes and what to expect at each.  I didn't hear which group she was referring to, but at one point she cautioned, "And you don't want to end up there.  A bunch of old people jumping around."

"Sebastopol:  where someone will complain about how much popcorn costs but pay $9 for a loaf of bread."

In honor of holiday shopping, vintage blog moment:
At a crystal store the owner showed me some jewelry pieces.  One had seven colors, each corresponding to a chakra.  As she was explaining it to me, I asked what she said to people who don't know about chakras.  "Well, if they are gay then I say, 'Gay pride!'  If they aren't gay and don't know what chakras are, then I just say, 'Look, it's a pretty rainbow.'"

Bumper sticker of the week:
Back off,
I'm a goddess!

License plates:
1 LUUV
FLY GRL
PIXI DST
JST FAB
WISDOM





Shout out to Rebbl who is donating 25 cents per drink sold in northern California through mid-December toward assistance to fire victims.  (Always nice when my addiction can also help others.)
http://rebbl.co/









No comments:

Post a Comment