Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Even toothpaste is political

"Do you have a drink called Survive?"
"I don't believe so."
"Or maybe Thrive?  It's a fizzy drink like beer, but healthy."
"Do you mean Revive?  We do have that one."

A customer and worker in front of Pacific Market:
"Happy Easter... or Passover!  Whatever your flavor might be."
"I usually just say happy bunny day."
"Happy return of spring!  Happy ultimate fertility day!"

Regarding a dog:  "We call her Zen because she is so quiet and chill."

Young child:  "Let's play 'What should we bring on a picnic.'"
"How do you play that?"
"You start with A and go all the way through the alphabet."
"Okay.  Let's bring an apple."
"And for B...  let's bring bone broth!"

Seven year old boy:  "Mom, I don't want to be a Taurus."
"I didn't even know you knew you are a Taurus."
"Wendy told me that's why I'm so stubborn."
"You don't have to call yourself a Taurus if you don't want to."
"I want to be something else.  What are the other Zoo-deck signs?"
"There is Pisces or Capricorn or Leo.  You can be a lion or a fish or twins."
"Are any of them unicorns?"
"Um... I don't believe so."
"I want to make up my own unicorn Zoo-deck sign."
"You have my blessing."

"Sebastopol kids and their crystals!"

An acquaintance tells me, "So my son goes to a slumber party at a friend's house.  And comes back the next day telling me not about their discussions of ninjas or movies or their teacher.  They talked about toothpaste.  And he wants to know why we buy toothpaste that isn't healthy for us or good for the planet."


License plates:
EMPT HAND
GANESHA
WAZ GOOD





Sebastoblog has a sister column in Sonoma West Times
http://www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_west_times_and_news/opinion/columns/sebastoblog-sebastopol-status-updates/article_bf0b3cbe-4113-11e9-ab64-d77d9852e173.html












No comments:

Post a Comment