Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holidaze

"Merry Christmas.  Happy solstice.  Happy Kwanza.  You really have to name off everything around here!"
Woman (wearing a pentagram and moon pendant):  "I like saying Merry Christmas.  I know in Sebastopol that is kind of a rebellious thing, but it's nice to just say Merry Christmas!  I hope I don't offend too many locals."

"I like coming over to Sebastopol.  The shops are crowded and people are stressed out buying last minute presents, but everyone is so nice and polite about it."

"I don't know what to get her.  She is getting back from a seven day vision quest thing.  I'm like, here have some earrings after you've been sitting outside for four days and nights with vultures and wild coyotes."
"She sat outside for four days?"
"Yes, that's what a vision quest is.  You sit by yourself by a tree or something and don't eat for four days and think about your life."
"And why would anyone go do that to themselves?"

In line at the post office:  "I'm sending holiday cards to Christians, atheists and pagans.  It was hard enough finding mellow cards that I could send to everyone - I don't know what kind of stamps to get!  Being p.c. takes a lot of work."

"All this Christmas music is stressing me out.  Can I please just go home and do shavasana until January second?" *


Favorite line of the week...
Young dude in front of a crystal shop:  "Would you like to put on these special glasses and see lots of multi-colored rainbows?"
Me:  "No, thanks, I'm late meeting someone."  And thinking to myself, isn't it a given that rainbows are multi-colored?



(You can now "like" Sebastoblog on Facebook)



* Shavasana, for those who do not do yoga or live in an area surrounded by yoga studios, is the final resting pose at the end of a yoga session. 



No comments:

Post a Comment