Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Separation of church and pendant

I was just thinking that I hadn't had any Sebastopol encounters for a while when I overheard a conversation by the deli counter at Community Market.  The special for the day was a grilled bacon/tomato/basil sandwich.
Guy to his friend:  "I think I might get the special...   That sounds good.  Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't be tempting you with a BLT."
Guy #2:  "Truthfully I'm not really a vegan.  I learned what I am.  I'm a negan."
Me stepping closer to them, "I'm sorry, what is a negan?"
Guy #2:  "Nearly vegan."
I nodded.  "Well, that makes sense."
First guy:  "You should put that on a t-shirt.  'NEGAN.'  With an asterisk, and in small letters 'vegan except for bacon.'"  Then to me, "And actually it's true, he really is a vegan.  With the exception of bacon."
Me:  "I have a few friends I could get that t-shirt for."
And as a good negan, I did see him order the BLT sandwich with vegan mayonnaise.

Shopper:
"There is a lot of nice jewelry here.  But I really want something that doesn't... you know, have an Om sign or the tree of life.  I like my jewelry and I like my spiritual life, but I'd just prefer to keep them separate."


Man gazing at flier:  "Well, look at that.  In Sebastopol there is not just a class on conscious parenting.  There is an entire festival."


License plate of the week:
CHAKRA3
(The question being, is this in reference to the third chakra?  Or were CHAKRA1 and 2 just already taken?)




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog



No comments:

Post a Comment