Friday, July 4, 2014

What sixth chakras and iphones have in common

I was with some teenagers at a "teen lounge" recently and heard some choice comments.  (Some of the remarks, especially coming from teens, made what I overheard even more humorous.) 

"You know how there is spiritual fake and spiritual sincere?  She is very spiritual sincere."
"My yoga teacher's daughter is definitely spiritual fake."

"I do not like [animal] medicine cards.  My grandmother made me draw one to see what my spirit animal was and I got skunk.  Skunk!"
Her friend:  "You got skank?"
Third girl:  "No, she said skunk." 
First girl:  "Who wants their spirit animal to be a skunk?" 
Her friend (continuing to text on her phone):  "Well, maybe it's better than being a skank."

Adolescent boy:  "It would be really nice if I could open up my third eye, but I don't know how."
His friend:  "I don't think you open it.  I think you activate it."
After a moment.  "Kind of like a cell phone?"


Gentleman, standing outside Copperfield's on July fourth:  "For being a fairly anti-establishment town, Sebastopol sure does go all out with the flags every holiday it can."
(this is true)

I was walking toward Ragle Park close to dusk and heard some drumming coming from a backyard a few houses down.  A man, walking toward me, commented when he passed by:  "You gotta love Sebastopol.  You go for an evening stroll and get some nice sunset drumming."




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog







No comments:

Post a Comment