Saturday, July 12, 2014

Beans, bubbles and bok choy

A visitor from up north told me, "I like Sebastopol.  It's a town in a bubble, but I like it.  My friend's think I am such a wild hippie to come down here every few months.  I come to get re-energized, but the funny thing is here I am considered very conservative."

A boy looking at the menu at Slice of Life.  "Look mom, carrot juice!  Organic black beans!  Yes!"
Very young girl at Community Market:  "How about some baby bok choy, mommy?"

Some shoppers at Community Market:
"Hold on a second, I like to read the fliers.  This is my entertainment."  After a moment:  "Look, here is a women's writing group."
Her friend:  "Is it a real one?  Or a writing group about birthstones and unicorns?"

Customer complaint: regarding a flier for Ecstatic Dance.  He has been to India, and the dancing event he went to here was not the ecstatic experience he had abroad.  According to him, Community Market should not be putting up such fliers.

Out of town visitor to me:  "I've noticed a lot of people here have superpowers."


Favorite license plate:
HAWK GAL

Favorite bumper sticker in a downtown store:
"I don't care if your child is an honor student, where you went to school or what you'd rather be doing."


On a local note, sad to see Box Office Video is closing.  It has been a constant between Whole Foods and Slice of Life for years.  I am sorry to see it go!




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog



No comments:

Post a Comment