Saturday, August 9, 2014

More Sebastopol snippets

An acquaintance was sitting next to me in the plaza one Saturday morning and a man walked by drinking from a bottle out of a brown paper bag.  He ended up circling back a few minutes later and sat down on a bench near us.  He took a few more sips and then ended up taking the bottle out of the bag.  The drink was aloe and coconut water.  She turned to me and said, "Only in Sebastopol. Anywhere else that would have been vodka."
"Well, there still could be vodka in there," I observed.
She was quiet for a moment and said, "Well, that's true.  But still, sneaking alcohol in coconut water?  Still pretty Sebastopol."
"Well, yes," I conceded.

"Do I know what polyamory means?  I've lived in Sebastopol for eleven years.  Yes, I am very aware of what polyamory means."

Man behind the counter at a coffeehouse, murmuring to a co-worker:  "I think I've hit my limit of hipsters for the weekend."

Woman, in the Whole Foods supplement section, sounding a bit frantic:  "I can't believe I forgot my pendulum!"

From an email:
"I was standing outside Sprint one afternoon when I noticed four people talking to each other. Two of them were carrying yoga mats.  It caught me attention only because it turned out each of them were going to yoga, but to different classes.  One was going to hatha, one was going to beginning, one was going to Bikram and the last was going to some type of class I'd never heard of before.  I couldn't believe there were four different yoga classes about ready to start on a Tuesday afternoon!"

"Most of the families on that street home school their children.  They are very into Hinduism and Zen and things like that, so we call it 'Om Schooling.'"





www.facebook.com/sebastoblog




No comments:

Post a Comment