Tuesday, September 16, 2014

West county morsels

An acquaintance to me at Community Market, browsing for a small gift for her neighbor:
"I can't decide between the chakra flags or the chakra candles.  Or the incense holder.  Wow, am I shopping in Sebastopol or what?"
Me:  "Well, don't forget the rainbow Oms bumper sticker."

This sign was at a farmer's market (although I don't know if it was local or not):
NO Wi-fi
Talk to each other!
Call your Mom!
Pretend it's 1993!

I was recently at a weekend workshop and a fellow attendee was talking about her sister's upcoming wedding.  She described it as a "vegan hipster dog-friendly" event.  (But children were not allowed.)  I asked her where her sister was getting married as this woman was from the bay area. She replied, "In Sebastopol."  (cue my surprise)

A woman looking at some herbal blends at Rosemary's Garden to someone beside her:  "Around here you don't call it the first day of fall.  You call it 'equinox.'  Or 'autumnal equinox' if you want to get specific."
"Yes, because in September someone might mix it up with spring equinox."

Some young teens talking outside the library:
"Last time I got in trouble I couldn't watch tv for a week."
"I lose my phone and my parents won't let me use the computer."
"I lose my phone, too."
"My parents make me do yoga."
"Really?"
"Or listen to some chanting CDs.  Until they think I chill enough."


Favorite t-shirt at the farmer's market:
"Spiritual Gangster"
(I'm not claiming I know what this means, but I liked the shirt and the cool gentleman dude wearing it)


Favorite license plate:
BODEG-AH



1 comment:

  1. Laughing so hard at this: "vegan hipster dog-friendly" event. (But children were not allowed.)

    ReplyDelete