Thursday, September 25, 2014

Coexistence and covens


I was standing outside Attico with a friend who was waiting for some people.  As they walked up she told them, "Be careful what you say to her.  She does a blog about Sebastopol."  Which, of course, always puts everyone at ease.
A person in the group said he had a question for me, as a Sebastopol "expert" (his description, not mine).  "Where do all these 'Coexist' bumper stickers come from?"
"I'm not sure, to be honest."
A woman standing next to him said, "We went to several places looking on Main Street, and nobody had them.  And no one knew where we could get one."
First guy:  "Whoever sells them must be making a fortune.  Every other car that drives by around here has one."
A man standing behind me added, "And it is kind of ironic to see all these Coexist bumper stickers in one of the most homogeneous towns I've ever lived.  But I guess that's beside the point."

I have been in a women's group for eleven years.  One member recently moved into a new place and we did a house blessing for her.  Since we have done it so many times over the years, we decided we have become quite good at doing them.  One member said, "We could make money off of this.  'Rent-a-Coven.'"
We came up with several advertising phrases:
Need some lovin'?  Rent-a-coven.
Want some sage and drummin'?  Rent-a-coven.
Ghosts in your oven?  Rent-a-coven.

A funny comment was made to me about an emoji for a spiritual name and I was telling a friend about it.  She said, "I can top that."  She pulled out her phone and showed me an emoji her sister uses when she is texting/talking about her spirit animal.  (It was a very cute emoji, actually.)

A customer at Whole Foods:  "I don't know if I should buy a raffle ticket today.  I'm not wearing my lucky green crystal."


License plate of the week:
ACUPUNK
(this might be my favorite one so far)




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog

2 comments:

  1. Here's one from last week: A person is in tears, and their friend offers up some words of wisdom. The little soul liudly and annoyingly interjects, "Why are you such a guru!?"

    ReplyDelete