Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fries and fixes

I was standing behind the counter at Milk and Honey and a woman was waiting to purchase something.  She asked how my weekend was so far, so I felt obligated to ask how hers was going. She replied, "I"m having a pleasant day.  Getting my Sebastopol fix."
Going from polite conversationalist to Trolling Blogger, I of course had to ask what she meant by that.
The woman lives in Sonoma.  "I only get over here a few times a year, but I love it.  So far today I've been handed a flier about soul painting, listened to a discourse about the health benefits of maca by a young couple and discovered a new store named Karma.  Where else would you find a clothing store named Karma?"
(Unfortunately she did not still have the flier.)
"Oh, yes," she added.  "And I drove past a lavender-colored RV on the way into town.  With mandala blankets hanging in the windows."

According to a teen I was talking to outside of Rite-Aid:
"There are two kinds of students at Analy.  Those who walk to Safeway for lunch - most of them.  And those who walk all the way to Whole Foods."
(And during the school year, having been in Safeway, I can say there is a subset who never make it further than the Starbucks counter.)

A friend of mine from her visiting friend:
"This morning driving through downtown I couldn't help but notice how many people were walking with yoga mats under their arms.  How many yoga studios are there in this town??"

Favorite text to me, from a friend at Community Market last Thursday evening (during the weekly street fair):  "Leaving now.  I think we may have seen the zen hula hooper."

A woman seated outside Slice of Life:
"Baked french fries?  Who wants baked fries?  What is the fun in that?"  She puts her menu down. "If I wanted something healthy, um, I'd order lentil soup."


License plate of the week:
BAT LVR
(And there was a bumper sticker of bats soaring in front of the moon, just in case one wonders if this car belonged to a baseball enthusiast.)




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment