Tuesday, November 4, 2014

If you're going to be a ninja...

Friend of a friend, on the side of a large group talking.  "There was a lot of pumpkin carving at our place this week.  I had to meditate on it for a while, but a snake theme came to me."  Scrolling through pictures of jack-o-lanterns on her phone.  "My son said it wasn't scary enough, so I ended up having to make it into a rattlesnake."

Young tweener sitting outside Whole Foods to his mom:  "I decided I want to be a ninja this year. But a ninja that uses their powers for good."
Mother:  "Like for what?"
Boy, after a thoughtful pause:  "Like for the environment or something."

A local practitioner was describing her Athenian goddess costume to a friend of hers.  "I am going as a priestess of light."
Her friend observed, "Oh, you are going as your aura in the 12th dimension."
"Yes, exactly!"

A co-worker told me she overheard a conversation about conspiracy theories in front of Hardcore Cafe.  One gentleman said, "Just say it really fast and you will get it: Ebola...Obama...  Ebola...Obama..."

Explaining something to a friend of mine, who lives in Sebastopol.  "All right, well there are two types of moms in Sebastopol, the soccer moms and the yoga pants moms-"
My friend, laughing, "Okay, that should go in your blog."

At a local school, on a board with some photos from movies is a picture of Glinda the Good Witch (from The Wizard of Oz).  On a post-it under the picture it reads:  "Glinda is from Sebastopol."


And for those who did not catch this post a year ago, several people have told me it is their "favorite Sebastoblog":
Halloween with a Sebastopol twist
http://sebastopolgal.blogspot.com/2013_10_01_archive.html





No comments:

Post a Comment