Saturday, November 29, 2014

Mintless mochas

After the last blog post Jennifer, the supplement goddess, relayed:
"The ice cream girl gets the same questions as the vitamin girl!!  I guess all the retail folks get all the same type of questions.  Got to love our town!"
And a friend who used to work at a Sebastopol cafe also agreed:  "The number of questions people would ask to order a muffin or a chai.  Vegan/gluten-free/organic/local/naturally sweetened/non-gmo/sustainable...  I could go on and on."
And at the Dhyana Center I heard two men discussing where you could find non-gmo popcorn.

When you take homeopathic remedies, you have to preclude mint from your diet. I was talking to someone about toothpaste options without mint at Whole Foods when a woman recommended fennel (yes, fennel) toothpaste to me.  She bemoaned, "I didn't think I ate that much mint, but now that I can't have it I'm going crazy.  No chocolate mint ice cream, no mint tea or gum. But the worse is going into Starbucks.  Now all I crave is the peppermint mochas.  My practitioner told me I need to take my health issues seriously, and I said, 'I have given up my favorite holiday coffee and my toothpaste!  What more do you want from me??'"

I was waiting in line at the gas station and not really paying attention to the women in front of me. But they were saying something about lighters and signs.  I assumed, in that preoccupied-with-something-else kind of way, there were lighters by the cash register that had a word or phrase on them.  But as I paid I noticed the lighters said, "Virgo... Pisces... Aquarius..."  They were indeed lighters with signs on them.  For those moments when one wants to convey one's astrology while lighting up.

The movie Awake (about Yogananda) is playing at the Rialto.  One Friday afternoon there were quite a few movie-goers.  As I was leaving I heard a woman remark, "There are a lot of people here today."  Her friend replied, "And most of them are coming out of the yoga movie.  Not the Ben Affleck film."

And from my sister (via Facebook):
You know you've lived in Sebastopol too long when you read:  "So-and-so channeled their profile picture" instead of "changed their profile picture"...  Of course it didn't really say channeled, I just read it that way.


License plate of the week:
OHM M G





www.facebook.com/sebastoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment