Friday, March 13, 2015

Klm down and have some warm (hemp) milk

A local Facebook post:
Sebastospeak:  this morning at drop-off, I asked another mom how she was... her reply: 'Grounded.'
(And I like "Sebasto-speak.")

The same friend from the above post told me her young daughter relayed a story to her that began: "This morning when I was 'om'ing'..."
She added, "I don't know where she was taught that, she didn't learn that from me!"

A pre-schooler to her play mates by the sandbox at Ives Park:  "Don't come over here, you are going to step on my kale garden!"

A friend passed this on to me and it made me laugh:
Diva: $1000 Sonoma County Landlords @!(sebastopol)
"I have noticed that properties for rent in Sonoma County are so pet 'unfriendly', more so than other counties in the Bay Area. Why, with all of the open space these properties are sitting on, are pets not allowed?? These ads describe these 'jewel-like' settings, lots of land, we are peace-loving landlords, blah, blah, blah... Yet, they do not allow animals?? It is a given that all landlords are greedy, apparently they are soulless and void of any trace of humanity as well. Don't post how idyllic and peaceful and peace-loving you are, then write, NO PETS!! Just write what you mean: I am a greedy, money-hungry, cold-hearted waste of space, seeking the perfect, pet-free human being to occupy my janky shack for significantly more than it's worth . oh, and by the way: namaste, have a beautiful day."

A body worker who works with a group of holistic practitioners told me an email came to their office:  "I just moved here and am looking for a new massage therapist.  Do you have one there who is not into energy healing, who won't make me draw an angel card or talk to me about astrology or what colors I should be wearing more of to attract different energy, or that I should stop drinking espresso and try green tea, etc.?  Or do I have to go to another town?"


License plates around town:
KLM DOWN
CRZY LUN
GREYWLF
4 HEMP
  --which reminded me of talking to an older gentleman who owned a coffee cart that he would take to music festivals around the north bay.  On a particularly hot afternoon during the Sebastopol Celtic Fair my date and I were attempting to cool off in the shade next to his cart.  He told us there was a group of hipsters who were upset with him that he didn't have more non-dairy options for a chai latte.  He did offer almond, soy and rice milk.  I asked him what they had wanted, and he answered, "Hemp.  They really wanted hemp milk.  Never-satisfied hipsters."
The guy I was with replied, "Hempsters."




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog


No comments:

Post a Comment