Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Crystals and computers

Facebook comment from previous blog:
"Wait, I thought everyone wants to rent to Virgo's. We are neurotic, clean, meticulous and even if our chakras or our, what was it, Qi?, is not aligned or in tune, at least it is dusted and we know where to find it. Or maybe not. What does Qi look like? I can't find mine in my file cabinet."

I was coming back from a walk in the laguna area and heard a few people talking about the lack of parking near the community center that week.  One person said, "It's that World Drummers-Dancers thing going on."  In his defense, we could hear drumming in the distance.
To which the woman beside him countered, "No, it's something like International Belly Dancing Tribes Competition."
(They were making it harder than it was.  That would be Tribal Fest.)

Favorite recent text:
"Found myself walking down Main Street in Sebastopol recently, listening to a guy trying to convince me that vibrations must have color.  How could I not think of you?"

My niece and I were driving through town and came up behind a red Prius, which is what her mother drives.  After realizing it was not "Mama's car," we ended up seeing seven red Prius vehicles during our short drive.  Even at three years old she wanted to know why are there so many red Priuses around here?

A friend told me she had a visitor from Washington.  At the end of the week, she asked how her visit had been.  "It's been great.  But I've never been on vacation and felt so much pressure to eat healthy."

I was looking at some gifts in a downtown store and half-overheard a guy say to the woman he was shopping with:  "I could get that, but it doesn't really go with my 'look.'"
"Oh, and what look would that be?" she asked, half-laughing.
"You know, new age tough guy."
(I had to turn around and look, and indeed that was his look.)


The license plates don't stop:
STARRY
ATLNTSS
SPIIICE
REUSE IT


And from a friend since I just got a new laptop:






www.facebook.com/sebastoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment