Saturday, June 6, 2015

Bikram devils

At my birthday dinner recently there was unusual ketchup that came with apparently numerous orders of fries.  Some sort of sauce that was ketchup-like mixed with fresh salsa and spices.  It kept being referred to as "very west county" ketchup.

Overheard by my sister:
"You need to take a psychological selfie."

Someone was telling me about a roommate they had a few years ago who worked part-time at a crystal shop (no longer in existence).  Regardless of the topic, she could link it back to flower essences, which she made and sold.  "Of course some things are obvious - insomnia or depression or some health issue.  She could tell you the flower essence that would cure whatever it was.  But after a while my boyfriend and I started purposely bringing up really weird topics to see if she could somehow still relate them to flower essences.  Random things like car parts or different kinds of squash.  She never caught on and she'd always bring it back.  It was like six degrees of separation from flower essences."

During my yoga class last week, which is on the plaza, we kept hearing alternating background noise of intense drumming and clapping for the basketball game.  When I was walking out to my car I ended up talking to someone who was watching the drumming and dancing.  As the music paused some applause erupted from the restaurant where the game was on.  He commented, "See, around here there is something for everyone on a Thursday evening."  African drumming, dancing or play-offs... within yards of each other.

I was on the computer at the library and several high school boys were sitting at a table behind me.  They were talking about finals, a girl, summer vacation, etc.  But suddenly the conversation got louder and a bit charged.  I couldn't figure out what they were talking about, but after a moment realized they were trying to figure out if they could all go to a yoga class together the next day.

An email from a local:  "Kinda strange to pull up next to a van on 116 that is bright red with devils on it and then realize it is advertising yoga." 
(Hot yoga I presume.)

"How is it the Hubbub Club has never made it into your blog?"
(this is actually a very valid question)


License plates, part twelve:
VISHNUS
RHIIBIT
B GR8FUL
BARN KID
MAD U LK






No comments:

Post a Comment