Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pro-probiotics

A woman, taking her toddler from her husband at the entrance of Community Market: "What tow truck?  I don't see a tow truck out here."
"No, a tarot truck.  It's white, you'll see it."

I mentioned to a pseudo-neighbor, who has not lived in Sebastpol for long, that half the items from a Whole Foods gift bag were coupons for probiotic drinks.  She responded, "I have never heard people talk so much about probiotics!  I don't think I ever thought about probiotics before I moved here.  Sebastopolians drink probiotic drinks or take probiotic supplements, and even get mad at you if you do not take them after a round of anti-biotics.  They look at you in horror.  Folks are very pro-probiotics around here."

Someone I used to work with told me about an end-of-the-year picnic she and her first grade daughter attended.  "The funniest part of the lunch was how many kids couldn't stop talking about 'cow's milk.'  Like they'd never seen it before.  I asked the boy sitting across from me what kind of milk he had at home, and he rattled off 'almond, soy, sometimes coconut.'  He sipped the regular milk that was there with trepidation, like somebody handed him a beer."

I was talking to somebody on the phone and she suddenly half-laughed and said, "I just realized a giant Ganesh is staring down at me.  This is very Sebastopol."  She had pulled over to the side of the road near the community center and a large van had a Ganesh blanket hanging over the back window.  She added, "I'm not sure how I feel about this."

The person who had told me about her neighbor complaining about the numerous solstice events mentioned to me after reading the last blog post:  "I didn't even think of it also being Father's Day on solstice.  Here she is complaining about lack of family time when it's Father's day weekend!" 
Yes, I replied, for some around here solstice may trump Father's day.  Or at least it'd be a draw. (Just ask Rex.)

"This little piggy went to Whole Foods.  This little piggy stayed home.  This little piggy had tempeh, this little piggy had none..."


HNG FIVE
OLD SOCK *
BLSSSS
ZEN DUCK *
(* I'm not claiming I always understand the reference)






www.facebook.com/sebastoblog





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete