Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Do healthy McNuggets exist? (and other west county musings)

A conversation I heard walking to my car in the Whole Foods parking lot:
"Let's go to Slice of Life.  They have chicken mcnuggets now."
"They do?  Are they real?"
"No, they are tempeh healthy vegan mcnuggets.  But they're good."
"Nothing 'mc' about that."  (I couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing.)

More comments on the Sebastopol women's look:
"I had a friend who commented that all the women in Sebastopol look like woodland fairies."
"The first time I went to a mom's play group, when I hadn't lived here for long, I looked around and thought a lot of these moms looked like they should be at a tribal dance convention.  Moms in Stockton sure did not dress this way!"
I lamented to my sister (after someone told me I dress "quite conservatively"):  "Well, I'm sorry I don't dress like I'm on my way to a tantra workshop or a Renaissance faire!"

My niece and I were tossing a stuffed animal back and forth on the stairway.  At one point it landed on her forehead.  "Are you all right?" I asked.
"I'm okay.  It just hit my third eye, but I'm okay."

My sister was telling us how people are renting out spaces for storage because of the limited housing and storage in Sonoma County.  "Maybe I could rent out my garage for a storage space."
"And this is Sebastopol.  For an extra charge you could tell the person you will smudge their boxes once a month."

While standing in line at CVS a woman was describing to the cashier about the bathroom reading material at her relatives' house.  "It's so Sebastopol.  It's all about spiritual alignment and Rumi and how to make a cake with no sugar.  At my place it's just Reader's Digest."

An acquaintance, visiting from the city, commented to the group I was standing with:  "There are more yoga places in Sebastopol than gas stations."
His friend:  "I think there are more yoga studios than banks."
Me:  "I believe there are more yoga studios than grocery stores."


License plates around town:
BLITZIN
VEGEVAN
SUN GYPSY
WAFL MAN







No comments:

Post a Comment