Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Tales of oil and smoothie additions

After a reflexology appointment I was in a downtown store and kept sliding out of my sandals because of the residual massage oil.  I made a comment about this to the shop employee, who replied:  "Yes, we get a lot of people who wander in here after massages.  They usually look very shiny and relaxed."

I was with my niece at "super" park one evening and two children were playing in the sand area. They decided to prepare some imaginary snacks.  I heard them ask their mother if she would like any "cake with no sugar," lentil chips or organic fruit rolls.
A few minutes later the guy sitting next to me and I were trying to guess what book a woman on the next bench over was reading.  He was certain it was some sort of "Sebastopol-type" book based on what she was wearing.  A bit later she got up to tend to a youngster and we saw her put down The Celestine Prophecy.  "I rest my case," he announced.

A few of us were chatting about how hot it had been during the heat wave.  There were declarations of "you know it's really been hot when...."  My favorite one being:  "My coconut oil was completely liquid for two days."

On the way home from Tahoe my friend and I stopped at a Whole Foods off of 80.  The cashier I spoke with told me his cousin used to work at the Whole Foods in Petaluma.  I mentioned I lived near there in Sebastopol.  He said, "I hung out there once.  I remember people drinking things I'd never heard of before.  And all sorts of smoothies and juices with things added I'd never heard of."  I asked if he remembered any, and his reply:  "Astragalus, superfoods, reishi mushrooms, aloe vera, avocados, cayenne powder" (to name a few).  Which reminded me of the time I was requesting a reishi mushroom chocolate Rebbl drink when I was at Whole Foods, and the worker looking at me in horror.  "No, really..." I faltered.  "It's good.  You can't taste the mushrooms."  A woman standing next to me chimed in:  "I've had those, too.  They are good, and also good for your immune system."  The guy remained unconvinced.

I sit in the plaza, finishing up a blog post.  Two people are talking/arguing about new age aluminum solutions.  There is a couple sitting on a bench sharing a salad, listening to two men drumming.  The couple appears to be in their twenties and are dressed up in interesting outfits like they are going to prom.  A prom the Addams family would host.


Bumper sticker:
Life's a witch
and then you fly


License plates:
BLU BIRD
LUV FOG
9HEARTS
BRUNCH







www.facebook.com/sebastoblog









No comments:

Post a Comment