Sunday, August 21, 2016

W.C. O.C.D.

My friend's text insisting she would pay for a treatment for me: "Happy birthday, merry Christmas, happy vegan-butterfly-chakra day!" {smiling emoticon}

In the bathroom of a doctors' office building:
"This building is pretty modern."
(I nod.)
"It's so nice.  For Sebastopol."
Me:  "Yeah, I have gone to a lot of appointments in old Victorian houses."
"I know, right?!  I went to this chiropractor and the whole place would shake any time someone walked up or down the stairs.  And the floor had a really bad slant."

Practitioner:  "Green drinks are good.  You live in Sebastopol.  You probably drink a lot of green drinks already."

While I was waiting for a to-go order, an older couple strolled slowly down Main street.
"Can't we go to a regular jewelry store?"
"This one looks all right."
"No... the jewelry here is too political."

From a friend of a friend:
"This guy I know is really into astrology and so is his girlfriend.  His daughter is seven and I know she is growing up around a lot of astrology talk, but it's still so amusing to hear her say, 'Well, what do you expect from a Scorpio?'  Or 'She has a temper, I wonder what her rising sign is?'"

This is from a New York post, but could have so easily been a local conversation:
Overheard at Whole Foods while eating lunch. Well coifed affluent mom on the phone apologizing to husband totally seriously: "I shouldn't have had that toast. I'm sorry I screamed. It was the gluten talking."

A customer before me in a grocery store asked the cashier to put on gloves to handle the produce he was purchasing.  After he left she said to me, "Sebastopol people are so weird and needy!  And I was born and raised here, so I have the right to say that!"
I laughed and asked if that was common.
"These things happen all the time!  There are a lot of O.C.D. customers."
Me:  "It's west county versions of O.C.D."
"I know!  Tell me about it!"

A Facebook post a friend passed on to me (names deleted to protect the enlightened):
"Happy birthday glorious lady!  Sending you so much light on this beautiful day!"
     "Thank you!!"
  "Lots of love and loads of light and pockets of preciousness!!"
     "To you too!"
  "So much light for this year!  Glistening gobs of light gently raining each day of the coming year!"
     "Got it!  I'm good.  That's enough light!!"


License plates:
GEEK LOV
BO HIWAY*
CATS MLK
WYN SNOB
LOFTY




(*Bohemian Hiway)







www.facebook.com/sebastoblog/











2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! There always seems to be a lot of material around here. :)

    ReplyDelete