Monday, September 5, 2016

Delivery in retrograde

From the last posting:
"What are pockets of preciousness exactly?"

A woman at my bank who was commenting on west county culture:  "I don't think very often that I live in a place that is that different from other towns.  But last weekend I walked into Community Market and there was a guy with no shoes wandering around, another caucasian guy with dreads complaining there were no purple sweet potatoes, a young couple who looked like they had been transported from Golden Gate Park circa 1965 and then passed a woman explaining the differences between intentional communities, cooperatives and communes.  This all happened in about 60 seconds."

Overheard at Whole Foods in the frozen section:  "Tofurky pizza.  What in the world...?"

I was chatting with someone in line at Whole Foods who ended up "confessing" to me she eats only organic produce but with unhealthy chips or cheese puffs.  "I don't like healthy chips, I don't know what it is about them.  I'll have organic carrots and celery and dip with oolong tea - and a pile of Cheetos."  (Which reminded me of when I buy my favorite chocolate mocha drink and pro-biotic kefir, the two probably cancelling each other out.)

A voicemail from a local shoe mender, Michael the Arch Ankle, regarding my sandal that had fallen apart:  "...calling you back from the boot shop.  Your sandal - you need to have your sole saved.  And you know I practice boot-ism.  I am a boot-ist.  And I, if anybody, am able to reincarnate your sole using the principles of boot-ism.   So we must schedule an appointment, a prayer session.  So your sole can be saved.  And you know they are sole mates, so you may have to bring both sandals."

My sister gets Whole Foods deliveries weekly which are usually smooth and uneventful. Recently she received one that went sideways in multiple ways.  The delivery debacle included: being 3 hours late, the driver going to an old address she hadn't lived at for several years, only delivering part of her groceries, one grocery bag and the receipt being left at Whole Foods.  In addition the order was wrong: "...including burritos that I had to send back because they were gluten-free tortillas but had dairy (I felt like a total princess telling the guy that)."  Whole Foods emailed apologizing and stating that they normally don't do deliveries on holiday weekends, referring to Labor Day.
My sister's response:  "I know in times past you've sent out emails regarding no delivery during holiday times.   Perhaps it's a good idea to add no deliveries during Mercury in retrograde too, eh?" 


License plates:
ARROW IT
SURE GRL
MELO MOM
BAD CHEE
LOVY BUG
  (this car gets honorable mention for having eyelashes on the headlights)






www.facebook.com/sebastoblog








No comments:

Post a Comment