Sunday, January 8, 2017

Excuse me while I tincturize

Waldorf rebellion in Sebastopol - 8th graders dressing up in their adult onesies at school even though teachers had not granted approval. 

Me:  "Happy New Year's, if you celebrate that."
Dude:  "There are people who don't celebrate New Year's?!"
Me:  "I never know around here.  Some holiday wish can seem very benign and still you get, 'I don't celebrate that.  Every day is a celebration to me.'"
"Yeah, that's kind of true."

"Sebastopol - where a lot of shallow people are doing a lot of deep work."

My friend overheard a woman asking about different yoga classes offered.
"We have yoga and chanting, yoga and sound, yoga and meditation, yoga welcoming the new year."
"Is it possible to do a generic yoga class?" the potential student asked.
"I'll have to check - we must have a normal yoga class.  I think we do anyway."

Directions to a holiday party:
"Make a sharp left at the large tree.  Look for several mailboxes in a row and turn into the second driveway.  On the left you'll see an area where at any given time there are at least 3 Priuses.  That is where you park..." 

After my supplementizing neighbor, I kept my ears open for west county phrases (and asked a few locals):
tincturizing
over-meditated
elixir date
tahini-ish
post yoga haze
macanate
gluten crash

My young niece, dancing into the room while brushing her teeth:  "I'm using toothpaste with chemicals in it.... I'm using toothpaste with chemicals in it..."

A friend was rearranging her desk and computer area in her office.  She made a few remarks about feng shui.  Her boyfriend sighed.  "I'm not following you."
I interjected, "I think when you're not in Sebastopol it's called ergonomics."


License plates:
CUDL FSH
HEC YEH
SAGE FEM
LUV WNS







www.facebook.com/sebastoblog/









No comments:

Post a Comment