Sunday, January 29, 2017

Yin yawn

At a coffee shop:
"I hate spell checking things."
"I use google for spell check now.  Just type in a word and see if I'm spelling it right."
Third person:  "I just intuit if something is spelled right.  I feel it in my body."

In addition to the tension on the world stage, in Sebastopol there has also been the opening of the new (controversial) CVS.  I mentioned to someone in a text I had to swing by there on my way to meet her.  She responded, ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO CVS??
Me:  I'm just exchanging something.
Her:  You can't go there!!
Me:  I bought something from there a month ago and it doesn't work.  I'm EXCHANGING it. 
Her:  Ok.  But you can't shop there.
Me:  No money will be involved.
Her:  Ok. But tell other shoppers they should boycott it.
Me:  I highly doubt I'm going to do that.

And with a group and the subject of CVS came up:
"Don't go to the new CVS."
"Yeah, buy things somewhere else."
"Anywhere else!"
(jokingly:) "Don't even look at it when you drive by!"

"Perhaps at a soul level she has called this person into her life and it will be a learning opportunity for her.  Maybe it's for her long-term growth or her inner healing.  Or maybe totally not."

At the Ma Muse concert where there were quite a few women in the audience:
"This is a very yin crowd."
"Yeah, that's shocking in Sebastopol."

Words of the week:
Sebastospiritual
local-n-organic (one word)

"You know her," I told my friend.  "She's the one who dresses like...  How do I describe it?  Like she's in a made-for-tv movie that takes place on a seventies commune."
"Oh, I know who you are talking about now."

My community mole overheard a customer:  "I'm sorry I'm yawning so much, I just got out of yoga.  It chilled me out so much I just want to lie down and take a nap in the middle of Whole Foods."


License plates:
AOHMM
NR JYZR
BIZ DIVA
WE CHILN










No comments:

Post a Comment