Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Epic hugs

A comment from the last post, too funny not to share (from my friend Gina):

A SNAG will often (but not always) have a ponytail.  He will take a long, deep, audible breath before answering any question.  His ability to hold prolonged eye contact is unnerving.  His hugs are epic. When dating he doesn't pay because he doesn't want to appear patriarchal, a move which only works on a SNAW (spiritual new age womyn), and is seen by others as simply cheap.  This is just off the top of my head, based on my own experience, and I, in no way, represent Sebastoblog or the beliefs of its founder, Cami. :)

I was able to track down Troy (San Fernando Valley visitor) which was no small feat considering he was the friend of a roommate's friend of an ex-co-worker.  Based on some questions asked by several readers, I wanted to know how his week in Sebastopol went.  And if he was able to become Sebastopol Guy.
The day before he left he cordially met with me to describe his week in Sebastopol and how it went trying to fit in.  He told me he met a "true SNAG" and that while he thoroughly enjoyed talking to this guy, he realized he could never be one.  "For one thing, I think my girlfriend would at the very least mock me and might even smack me if I kept calling her 'goddess.'  Although this guy could pull it off.  Not me however."
Troy had half of a Kombucha but did not particularly care for it, but liked an organic ale he tried. Kombucha, in his words, was "way too healthy without the buzz you get from a good beer.  And it tasted too much like fizzling dirt."
He very much enjoyed his stay in west county.  He told me about several hikes he took and a nice warm day at the coast before the rain began.  And he spent a few evenings at HopMonk.  He did not go to any yoga classes but was tempted to carry around a yoga mat because he saw so many people doing it.  He decided against it as he did not want to appear to be a fraud.  "I have to admit that it inspired me to find a yoga class once I get back home."
(Well, we all know this is the effect of the vortex.)
The only drink with green tea he tried was at Starbucks.  "It wasn't bad, a green tea latte of some kind.  But it has so much sweetener I'm not sure how 'good for you' it was.  'Have a teaspoon of green tea with tablespoons of sugar and milk...'  Not the healthiest drink I've come across."
I asked if he found out what his rising sign was.  "I did."  He smiled.  "I also found out that you don't say 'my rising sign is Virgo.'  You say:  'I'm a virgo rising.'  And I found out more about the year of the horse than I ever thought I would know!"
"Do you know what year just ended?"
He nodded.  "Year of the snake."
"Ah, bonus points," I responded.
"And this woman divulged to me why, as a Libra, this year of the horse would be good for me.  I would recap but she lost me about sixty seconds into her explanation."
Troy ventured into Whole Foods several times.  There is a Whole Foods in the town he is from so this wasn't too out of the ordinary.  "But one thing that is different is all the hugging here.  My friend just kept going from person to person hugging them.  Then an entire group of people from some class she took, hugs all around.  I don't know, hugs like that just doesn't happen where I'm from.  Quite the phenomena.  I don't quite know how to describe it."
"I think 'epic' is the word you might be looking for."


Favorite line of the week:
"It's hard to describe his look.  He kind of dresses like a yoga nerd."




(You can "like" Sebastoblog on Facebook)



No comments:

Post a Comment