Monday, April 21, 2014

Astro-logical

Conversation overheard at Coffee Catz: 
(this was not, I should point out, a meeting of the Preppy Astrologists, although I would like to meet that crew)

First woman:  "Well I don't know what Mars is doing, but Jupiter is kicking my ass."
Second woman:  "It's like I'm in a swamp, trying to walk and I can't.  I keep setting simple intentions but they are not materializing.  I'm trying to move forward but some unseen force is holding me back."
Third woman:  "Could that be Pluto?"  {Chuckles all around.}  "And don't get me started on the eclipse."
Man, with purple hat:  "Transformation is all around us.  I'm so glad to be here with each of you right now, acknowledging the transformation."
Second woman:  "Transformation, or transmutation?  Because I think it is a transmutation."
First woman:  "No, I don't think transmutation will come for a few months, when..." (some planet moves into some new position and something happens with an opposing something).
Purple Hat Man:  "Interesting.  Transformational transmutation perhaps?"
First woman:  "Or a transformative transmuting metamorphosis?"  
Third woman:  "Now you are just not being logical."


Local flier:
"Macrobiotic Potluck Dinner"

Favorite line of the week:
"Welcome to Sebastopol.  Yoga pants capital of the world."

Favorite blog comment of the week:
"Sebastopol's Farmers Market is like Burning Man with food."
(thanks Carmel)  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment