Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Life is good, life is gr8

Dude standing outside the library, looking at some flowers and plants.
"You can't just have some plants?  There is kale growing outside the library?"

One of two people horsing around on some chairs, sitting on each others' laps at the Barlow:
"Don't worry, we're fine.  There are different rules in this part of the county.  There's even a bill of rights that's different than other towns."
Person sitting to the side of them:  "A Sebastopol 'Bill of Rights?'  I'd like to see that."

Facebook post of the week:
"We ended up going to Di's Diner....  It was good.  I liked the guy that came into the burger joint and ordered hummus w/extra pita.  Gotta love Sebastopol."

Two people meandering by the musicians at the Farmers Market:  "I am so happy to be alive.  I am so blessed to be able to buy organic produce at this lovely market.  I am so happy to be walking around downtown chatting with all these beautiful people. Life is good."
Woman walking with him:  "I think you put too much maca in your smoothie this morning."

A reader emailed this to me:
I was picking out a drink at Whole Foods and a fellow shopper said, "What happened to the acai berry? Remember a few years ago you couldn't buy a drink without it?"
Then the worker said:  "I think it was replaced by chia seeds.  Which have been replaced by anything that says 'gluten-free.'"

A friend's previous roommate had been a grower, who also loved to use spritzers.  My friend told me, "Her car always smelled like this funky combination of lavender and weed."
Me:  "Well, that would be very... relaxing."
My friend:  "Yeah, now that I think about it every time I was in her car for more than an hour I always wanted to take a nap when I got home."

Favorite sweatshirt of the week:
Ask me about the health benefits 
of the chocolate bar I'm eating


License plates of the week:
GR8 EAGL
INTEGR8




www.facebook.com/sebastoblog


No comments:

Post a Comment