Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A green smoothie and epic hug to go

A friend of mine told me about her Sebastopol neighbor who is anti-Christmas and created her own holiday for this time of year.  Kwantice.  I asked her neighbor about it and got a long explanation and some not-so-relevant family history, but the gist of it being it's a combination of Kwanzaa and solstice.  Certain Kwanzaa days, solstice gifts and African drumming.  (And yes, I had to ask for the spelling of it.)

A customer at Rosemary's Garden:
"You know, there is Christmas music everywhere right now and it wears on you.  We come over to shop here and there is all this mellow music like you are in a massage.  But after a few hours of it, that starts to wear on you, too."

On a quiet Saturday morning a woman walked into the post office and another woman was standing by the office window, but it was closed.  She said to the woman who just walked in, "He is going to get a package for me, but he'll be right back and can get your package."
Second woman:  "Oh.  Thank you."  Looking down at her hand laughing, "Oh, right, I'm holding this package slip.  I just thought you were incredibly psychic."
First woman:  "Well, we are in west county."

I was waiting in a coffee shop and heard someone next to me ask the person she was sitting with, "I am saving money consciously and want to be spiritually responsible about it.  Do you know a good accountant for that?"

And from last year's holiday post:
"I don't know what to get her {for Christmas}.  She is getting back from a seven day vision quest thing.  I'm like, here have some earrings after you sat outside for four days and nights with vultures and wild coyotes."
"She sat outside for four days?"
"Yes, that's what a vision quest is.  You sit by yourself by a tree or something and don't eat anything for four days and think about your life."
"And why would anyone do that to themselves?"

A text from my friend Steve, visiting from Scandanavia and driving up from the city:
Should I wear my "CHAKRA KHAN" t-shirt or my "Whole Foods: Now Serving EPIC HUGS" t-shirt?


License plates of the week:
XXOO2U
LET LOVE
LIBRA





www.facebook.com/sebastoblog


1 comment: