Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Are you compostin' me?

A friend has some neighbors with two sons.  They started swearing in recent months, so the parents have opted to substitute certain words.  Instead of shit, the boys are supposed to say "compost."  It took a few weeks for the swearing to subside.  "Now it is so funny being over there and hearing one of the boys on a video game, suddenly shouting, 'Compost!'   Or the two of them having a conversation, and one will say, 'He doesn't know compost about that.'"

A woman in line at the store lamented she does not like football games but her husband watches them all the time.  She likes instrumental music and chanting, so when it goes to commercials the tv gets muted and relaxing music or her yoga chanting CD comes on.  "It can go back and forth between the game and harp with ocean sounds all night long.  It's a strange compromise, I know."

My community mole overheard:  "I was over life coaching before the life coaching craze even began."

Walking the trail near Analy, following a young man:
"I wish I had been born and raised in Asia.  I could have grown up eating squatting over my meals.  Chairs have really ruined our civilization.  They've ruined our hips, our backs, made our knees weak...."

"You have a hair dryer?  That is so mainstream of you."

For those with some Ayurvedic knowledge, my young niece explaining to me that her friend doesn't want to take off her coat:  "She's not warm all the time like me.  She's not a pitta."

A friend telling me that the latest trend in west county are retreats that combine healthy cooking and yoga.
Me:  "Really?  I thought it was cacao ceremonies."


On the back of a large trailer:
PEACHY PATHBLAZERS

License plates:
I AM LUV
PNTHR
NW MORNG
CATTY









No comments:

Post a Comment