Monday, November 7, 2016

High profile

"You know you're in the west county when it's one in the morning and your boyfriend's roommates have the munchies and are still insisting the snacks be 'healthy.'  One of them is looking at the ingredients on a package of cookies to make sure the sugar is organic."

"She was high as a kite.  But I did get a moment of stoned empathy."

A thirtysomething guy telling me about different places he has lived locally:  "And at one point I rented a house with five other people on High Street.  Which was aptly named for my roommates and our leisure activities."

A tai chi instructor told me about teaching in Rohnert Park and that his students thought parts of the class were "too spiritual."  The woman I was with commented, "You should go teach in Sebastopol.  Nobody would bat an eye."

From my massage therapist:  "One of the things I love about Sebastopol is that you can't really tell the difference between the homeless people and the millionaires."

Although I was in Healdsburg, I saw a sign that said "Organic Suntanning Booths" which I thought could easily have been a sign in Sebastopol.  And in the words of my co-worker, "W-t-f does that mean??"

At the Petaluma library I was admiring some Day of the Dead art with another library patron.  She asked me if I had been to any of the Day of the Dead activities in Petaluma and I said, "No.  I live in Sebastopol."
"Yeah, it's sort of always day of the dead up there, huh?"


License plates:
DOLPHIN
SIP MUCH
SUNDROP


My same co-worker noticed the polite parking sign in the plaza, "Please..."












1 comment: