Friday, November 18, 2016

Trump card

There were many Sebastopol moments during the week of the election and the post-election haze.  "A liberal shot" of whiskey at a Main Street bar, offers of yoga classes, flower essences and massage to decompress from election stress.  And the day after the election a person dressed up as a unicorn wandering the downtown area giving hugs.  One of my favorites was a sign that said:  "FREE tarot readings.  Donations accepted and given to a progressive cause of your choice."  On the sign was a picture of the major arcana Tower card with Trump's head adorning the top.

The day after the election a woman came into Whole Body wearing a dark veil and dressed in black to signify her mourning.  After exiting she popped back in for a moment and asked a worker if she would take her picture.  "I want my Facebook friends to see this!"

A friend, feeling depressed the day after election, found a kindred spirit at Infusions tea house.  "I let her know I had voted for Hilary," she told me.
"That was really going out on a limb in Sebastopol."

A complaint in a local bar:
"The music is too loud in here.  It is affecting my digestion."

An acquaintance overheard a boy at Whole Foods asking his mother, "Can we please, please, please have real turkey this year?"

Massage practitioner:  "I've been trying to come up with something to make my massage more unique.  Like crystal massage."
"I think that's already been done."
"Oh."
"How about hippie massage?  There are a lot of hippies here."
"But what would that mean?"
"You get a massage, and a basket of organic squash and homemade granola."
"After five massages you get a psychadelic tee."
"With your power animal on it."



License plates:
BOH BOH
THMMPER
DUBY DOO
BERNIE



Trump Tower












No comments:

Post a Comment