Monday, October 14, 2013

Mosh pits and migraine remedies

Around town

Tweener to her friend, "And I was like, 'This is not facebook and you are not my friend." *

In front of Whole Foods:  "You will like her, she is really nice.  Except when she teaches yoga - then she is a complete control freak."

On a particularly crowded Farmer's Market Sunday:  "It's like a Zen mosh pit around here." 

Twentysomething to his buddy:  "I've been trying to manifest a car.  But so far I've had two free bicycles given to me.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong."

Woman talking on her cell phone:  "Yes, I know.  There is organic chocolate everywhere - chocolate with ginger, chocolate with chai.  I just want to find a Kit Kat!"
 

Physician standing outside a health clinic:  "Yes, I am a doctor.  And yes I do practice in Sebastopol.  But no, I do not know what herb cures migraines or how lavender pillows help your health."

Sebastopol has cars with license plates that read FULMOON and DREAMER, and bumper stickers such as "Coexist" and "We are all connected."  So it was unusual to have a burly guy walk up to me wearing a t-shirt that read, "I WILL DESTROY YOU."  And even more so when he asked me where Blue Haven yoga studio was.
 

Favorite line from a friend:
Gina is visiting from Minnesota (and used to live in Sonoma County).  I went to pick her up at Whole Foods and she quickly made her way over to my car.  "I'm so glad you're here!  I've only been sitting there for ten minutes and have already overheard two separate conversations about the Grateful Dead!"



* (You may wonder what this has to do with Sebastopol.  Nothing, actually.  I just thought it was funny.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment